of MG tech information in 2011, now offering over 2300 tech pages. Web traffic increased about 20% this year, now hosting about 2300 visitors per day and hitting a new high of just over 250,000 page views in October.
Seth Jones' web site www.SpridgetGuru.com now going on three years old, has been picking up dramatically. In 2010 it was averaging 11 visitors per day. Since May 2011 it is averaging over 100 visitors daily, and it served up a high of 30,000 pages views for one month in October.
Driveline report – Victor L’Heureux
The CMGC Driveline was successfully published and distributed to over 300 members and other MG car clubs on a monthly basis.
Accomplishments for 2011:
- Increased the number of member contributed articles
- Looked into sending an electronic copy of the newsletter to other clubs instead of a printed version of Driveline.
- Solicited advertising space to increase revenue to supplement additional pages to Driveline. Now have four sponsor ads in newsletter.
Goals for 2012:
- Get more members showcasing their MG’s on the inside front cover. Let’s take advantage of having that a color page in our newsletter!
- Increase the number of member contributed articles
- Enlist a member to become Editor of Driveline
Treasury report – (Vic L’Heureux for Ralph Arata)
The overall Balance Sheet looks solid. The club had a total income of $17237.92 with expenses of $17,151.45 in 2011.
Income from Membership Dues, Regalia Sales and Swap Meet revenue were $7,140.00, $380.55, and $7,450 respectively.
Major expenses were Driveline newsletter, Postage, Swap meet expenses and miscellaneous club expenses.
(A complete report can be obtained by contacting the Club Treasurer at Treasurer@chicagolandmgclub.com)
2010 Awards – David Perez / Reinout Vogt
Club Award Trophies were presented to the recipients in the following categories:
Safety Fast - Success in competitive driving – Joel-Paul Brossard
Maintaining the Breed — Commendable efforts in restoration work – Steve Boswick
Ambassador at Large - Promoting goodwill towards the club – David Novak and Lisa
New Member of the Year - Enthusiastic contribution from a new member – Christopher Weaver
Cream Crackers - Contribution to the MG community – Jim and Lois Evans
President’s Award - Special Appreciation – Victor L’Heureux
Driving Events - Traveling Trophies
Driver of the Year – Barney Gaylord
Navigator of the Year – Teresa Gaylord
Driving Event Trophies
Additional trophies were presented to recipients for various categories –(details to be posted in Driveline newsletter)
Meeting adjourned at 9:50 pm