| Monthly Meeting Minutes
August 17, 2015
31 Members in attendance
New members in attendance were:
Fred Hoffman of St. Charles, IL. Fred has many cars – a 1977 burgundy MGB, 1973 orange MGB-GT, 1946 clipper blue MGTC and a 1971 TR6.
Terry Gandy of Kenosha, WI. Terry is looking to purchase a car in the spring of 2016.
Dave Bralich reported that he finished braking system conversion to a dual system on his ’67 MGB – works great!
Dino Perez is working on a clutch master cylinder repair. Discussion continued on methods to bleed the brake slave cylinder.
Seth Jones is currently working on a parking break repair.
Jim Compton is starting to repair the rear springs on his 78 MGB.
· August 1st – at Ray’s Morris and MG Gathering, there were 11 MGs plus 3 Morris’ and a couple of OMs (Other Makes).
· August 2nd - Peds in the Weeds, had a good turnout of
spectators getting rides in the five vintage cars. The party was cut short by heavy winds that almost blew away the erected tent in the parking lot.
· August 16th - Tally Ho Rally, Last year T-Types ruled the standings, but in this year’s edition, an MGB placed 1st, a TD was 2nd and an MGA and TD tied for 3rd. It can hardly get any better!
Upcoming Driving/Social Event Schedule
· August 20th - Westmont Crusin’ Night, Bill Kalafut and Jean Hearsley
· August 22nd - Club Garage Sale, Jim Evans
· August 29th - Drive-in Movie, Dave ‘Cowboy’ Bralich & Dee Bralich
Finance – Phil Wydra reported funds are down. Full report available from Phil.
Membership – Victor L’Heureux reported membership is up again this month with 3 new members.
No new business was presented for discussion. Meeting adjourned