| Monthly Meeting Minutes
September 21, 2015
23 Members in attendance
New members in attendance were:
Cal & Karen Mosher of Hanover Park, IL. Cal drives a white 1980 MGB.
Craig Walter (Don’s Auto Ade) of Warrenville, IL. Craig was not in attendance today but submitted his application via Bill Mennell. The CMGC has utilized Don’s shop for our Spring Tune-up session for the past few years.
Dave Novak reported that he installed a sway bar recently and put it the test at the Autocross – and won best in class!
Jim Evans is starting to work on a project that began a number of years ago in 2000 – A V8 conversion for a MGB The Buick V8 is currently in need of rebuilding so that will be the first step. Jim offered anyone wanting to assist in this project, just give him a call.
Jim Compton gave his carburetors a good cleaning.
Special Presentation – Ralph Arata gave a brief overview of his experience in meeting up with a group from Australia making a trip on the Pan American Highway (Ushuaia, Argentina to Prudhoe Bay, USA), while he was visiting his daughter in Ecuador. The Pan-American Highway is the world's longest "motorable road" – 19,000 miles. It passes through many diverse climates and ecological types, from dense jungles, to arid deserts, some of which are passable only during the dry season, and in many regions driving is occasionally hazardous.
Rich Meservey won the drawing and allowed the $20 winnings to rollover until next month.
Past Events – (see articles in Driveline newsletter)
- August 20th - Westmont Crusin’ Night, Bill Kalafut and Jean Hearsley
- August 22nd - Club Garage Sale, Jim Evans
- September 5th – Miata Autocross #3 – Jim Compton gave final results of the Autocross.
- September 12th – Don M Healy Rally –
- September 12th – Meadowdale Raceway – Dino Perez noted there were 325 cars parked on the soggy field.
- September 13th – BCU British Car Festival – 495 British cars were registered - A great day for a show.
- September 18-20th – Wine, Beer & Cheese Tour – Great weekend trip – good weather, good turnout.
Upcoming Driving/Social Event Schedule
- October 11th – Lucas Memorial Rally
- October 19th – CMGC Anniversary Party/ club meeting
- November 1st – Halloween Rally
- November 8th – Fall Tune Down/Chili Party
Finance – Phil Wydra reported funds are stable although low. Full report available from Phil.
Membership – Victor L’Heureux reported membership is up again this month with 4 new members.
Library – Bill Mennell noted there are a few new books in the library. The full list is on the club website.
No new business was presented for discussion. Meeting adjourned